Thank you for visiting our webpage that explains how to apply for our scholarship.
We give a $1,500 scholarship to a selected student that applies to our program. To apply, you must be an actively enrolled student at a college or university. You also must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic staff member from your school and write an essay.
Letter of Recommendation
Applicants must meet certain criteria summarized on this page and must submit an application via email or US mail. Applicants are also required to provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor or counsellor from the school being attended by the applicant and submit an essay responding to the question: What can you do to make a difference in your community?
At the end of the year one applicant will be awarded with $1,500 scholarship based on the student’s involvement in the growth of the local community.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours undergraduate or 3 hours graduate at an accredited University or College.
- Must have taken at least 40 undergraduate credit hours or 10 graduate credit hours.
- Must have proof of a declared major.
- Must demonstrate involvement on campus or in the community of attended University or College.
- Must attach one letter of recommendation on official letterhead.
- Must submit an essay responding to the question: What can you do to make a difference in your community?
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- You must be currently enrolled at your college or university during the time of submission.
- You must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Additional points to consider:
- To apply, you must fill out our application which you can download by clicking here.
- We do not accept faxed applications. Only direct mail or emailed applications will be accepted.
- Please send your application via traditional mail; express mail will not be accepted.
- There is no need to print this page; just send your essay, letter of recommendation and include the application.
- Do not send any CDs, USB drives, tax returns, bank balances, resumes or CVs
What to include in your application:
- Your first & last name, ph. number & email address(s).
- Statement or transcript of your Grade Point Average (GPA).